Visit | Stay
IMT UPDATE Sept 2020
The ISLE MARTIN FERRY is back in action! with occasional POP UP Café by EVIE
Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in September
The Ferry will be available to book between 10am and 4pm (last ferry out 2pm)
BOOKING is essential, message the IMT facebook page, email firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call 07740 152237. Follow us on Facebook for weather and POP UP café updates.
Covid safety measures in operation. Please read our protocol below before booking the ferry and visiting the island.
Donations for island visits – Adults £10, Children £5, £2 for anyone living in the communities of Lochbroom and Coigach (Adults and Children) and Volunteers FREE, with grateful thanks to funding from the UCT Community Benefit Fund. PLEASE BRING THE CORRECT MONEY
IMT COVID-19 PROTOCOL for Ferry/Visitors – September 2020 (Phase 3)
Face coverings. Avoid crowded places. Clean hands regularly. Two metre distance. Self-isolate and book a test if you have symptoms.
- Track and Trace – All transport on the boat will be booked in advance and visitors will be asked to provide a contact phone number for themselves or their household group. A record will be kept of who visited and how many people were in each household group plus the contact numbers for 21 days.
- Donations for island visits – Adults £10, Children £5, £2 for anyone living in the communities of Lochbroom and Coigach (Adults and Children) and Volunteers FREE, with grateful thanks to funding from the UCT Community Benefit Fund. PLEASE BRING THE CORRECT MONEY
- Life Jackets – Life jackets belonging to IMT will be available and will be labelled and used by only one person during the day OR disinfected before being used again.
- Face Coverings – as we are operating a small boat we ask that all passengers (apart from children 11 & under, and others who are exempt) wear a face covering for the short crossing, in line with government guidelines where 2meter distancing is not possible.
- Social Distancing – please follow current guidelines for social distancing from those outside of your household. This includes on the jetty/pontoon and when taking part in volunteering tasks.
- Hygiene – Please bring your own hand sanitiser (IMT will also have some available) and use it regularly e.g. before touching equipment. There are also 3 hand washing stations on the island with soap and running water.
- Toilets – There are composting toilets on the island which will be cleaned regularly. You can also ask at the café for access to the toilet facilities in Mill House (e.g. for changing nappies)
- POP UP Café – The café will be available some Saturdays and Sundays – see Facebook for confirmation or check when booking. Pop up Café provided by Evie with homemade wholesome food, using island, local and Fairtrade ingredients, where possible. Sweet treats and a hot pot of the day with freshly baked bread. Socially distant outdoor café, served from Mill house window with shelter provided outside in case of rain. Cash payments only. Please follow any café instructions.
- Tools for volunteering tasks – Tools will be provided, but volunteers are asked to bring their own gardening gloves if possible and hand tools if they have them. If tools need to be shared handles should be cleaned thoroughly with disinfectant provided or soapy water.
- Weather – The weather is always un-predictable so please come prepared, particularly for wet boat crossings, waterproof jackets and trousers recommended! Depending on tides it is sometimes necessary to step in shallow water to access the boat at Ardmair so welly boots are advised (also good for ticks)
- Boat safety – The ferryperson is responsible for safety on the boat at all times and passengers should listen to instructions and not ‘help’ unless asked to.
Thank you for your support in helping us adhere to Government Guidelines and continued support of your community owned island. If you have any questions or suggestions to help us improve our way of working please contact the Trust by emailing Ailsa at email@example.com
Isle Martin Trust is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. 195769. Scottish Charity Number SC028934 Registered address: 28 Argyle Street, Ullapool, IV26 2UB.
Photos by island visitor Alison, Summer 2019